Wednesday, August 12, 2015

First Day of Preschool for Ava

How is it possible that my baby girl is ready for Preschool?!!  I have such a hard time wrapping my head around how quickly time goes by.  My baby should still be a baby or at the very oldest a toddler...not a preschooler!  Regardless how I feel, by girl did start Preschool today.  

On Monday evening we all went to school for Safe Walk to School Night so that we could all meet Ava's teacher, find out where her room is, and help Ava get acquainted to her new surroundings.  She did great and actually didn't want to leave!  Too many cool new things and toys to see!

Today, us girls woke up to a breakfast of blueberry pancakes and eggs made by Baba.   Ava woke up excited and ready to start her first day.  After breakfast we took pictures and then Matt and I took Ava to school.   We arrived a few minutes early and had to wait for the bell to ring before we could get in the building.  Once the bell rang, it seemed like a mad dash to her class room.  We got her stuff put away in her locker (yes, she has a locker already) and then signed her in for the day.  







Ava was still happy and excited until we started to leave.  Then Ava started to cry, chase after us, and grab at our legs.  I did my best to keep it together until after we were out of the classroom.  Ava's teacher helped to hold her hand so that we could leave.  

 I worried about Ava all day.  I guessed that she probably was fine and stopped crying by the time we reached the car.  But I wished that I could know for sure.  

I left to pick her up about 20 minutes early, but I couldn't stand it any more!  So then I got to the school and had to stand outside until the bell rang...it seemed like an eternity!  But once I got to her school room, I found a smiling happy girl.  She was ready to go home but had lots of great stories from her day.  She told me that she has lots of new friends even though she can't remember any of their names ;), her teachers are nice, she got to play with new toys, and she worked on writing her name.  The other thing that Ava was so proud of was lunch.  She got to go to the cafeteria and carry her own tray.  And she didn't spill anything!  She was also so excited about her little milk cup (or milk carton) too!  

The only concern she had about her day was that she wasn't able to cover herself up with her blanket at nap.  She told me that she tried a couple of times but that it kept falling off.  When I asked her if she asked for help, she told me yes but that they wouldn't help her.  *tears*  Now who knows what exactly happened but this broke my heart.  So tonight before bed we practiced covering herself up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment