Monday, August 31, 2015

First Day Back to Work

Today was very bittersweet...my first day back to work.  I knew it was going to be a tough day but I also knew it was time to get back to the job that I love.  

The morning went smoothly.  Matt and I worked together to get ourselves ready, the girls dressed and hair done, breakfasts done, and bags packed.  I dropped off both girls; mainly because I wanted to be with them for as long as possible.  We reached daycare first and dropped off Ella.  Ella started crying as soon as we drove in the parking lot and then screaming when I handed her to her teacher.  But I understand that the crying doesn't last long.  Then we got to preschool and I dropped off Ava.  Ava is a pro with drop off already and today was a breeze as usual.  I just had a few tears on my way to work but overall was feeling good.  I think starting Ella at daycare last week helped me realize that it was time to go back to work.  One day on my own was fine but after that I was bored!!  

Walking into work I felt the tears coming again but I was able to get them controlled before I walked in.  All was good until I saw my desk and what my amazing coworkers had done to my desk.


They had each written me a welcome back card and strung them together from the ceiling over my desk.  And I had a welcome back basket on my desk with jolly ranchers, mints, and trail mix.  I seriously have the best coworkers, but at that point I couldn't stop the tears.  These were good tears though as I know how blessed I am to work for such an amazing company and alongside such amazing coworkers.  

The day went great!  I feel lost or like it's my very first day again but that will get better in time.  The girls also had a great day.  I missed them so much but I know they are happy and I know I am happy and love my job.


No comments:

Post a Comment