Monday, June 29, 2015

One Last Day as a Family of 3: June 14th

What a surreal statement! It's feels like we have been waiting forever to meet our sweet Ella and now...it's tomorrow!! Our feelings today are a mixture of excitement, joy, nervousness, and “let's go!!” Now that we are so close it's even harder to wait for her.

We started our day with breakfast. Still a big buffet but we all agreed that it wasn't up to par with some of the other buffets we've been able to enjoy. And the coffee seems to be getting stronger and stronger!

After breakfast we went to explore a little. We headed the wrong the direction out of the hotel but we did end up finding a market to find some milk, soda, and beer. So that was a win! After we dropped stuff off at the hotel we ended out again, the correct way towards the river. My hope was to see the yellow crane tower but you had to pay to see anything. The walk was a pretty one though with a large park with lots of temples to see along the way. I hope we can explore the park a little more in the coming days. We ended up walking about 5 miles today and Ava did great...so did Grandpa :) Ava rode in the carrier some, so I got a great workout! Work off some of those noodles I've been eating!


On the way back to the hotel we had McDonalds for lunch. I swear we eat far more American fast food here than we ever do when we're home. In fact, I don't think I've been to a McDonalds since we were last here in 2013!!

In the afternoon we met up with Echo and 6 other Holt adoptive families! I was not planning on that many other families since the last time we were here there was only 1 other family in Shanghai with us. It's been fun getting to know them this evening. And we are excited to share this experience with them.

Echo went through all of our paperwork with us and gathered what paperwork she would need to help us over the next several days. She is organized and I love that about her!

Echo then gave us a little tour of restaurants and markets close by and then it was supper time. A large portion of the group went to eat at Pizza Hut but we went with Echo and 1 other family to eat at a Chinese place that has great noodles dishes.

Once we arrived back at the hotel we received our “red books” with updated information on our sweet children. We saw one updated picture of Ella and lots of good info on her current routines, likes, what to do to calm her down, and current measurements. Wow! Ella is growing quickly. I'm so glad that we don't have to miss any more of her changes and milestones.


My sweet Ella, my feelings tonight and all day today have been on a rollercoaster. And I know tomorrow is going to be one of the scariest days of your life. I am nervous about how you will react to us and I am praying that your heart has been preparing for this moment without you even knowing what was coming. I can't even imagine how it feels to be pulled from everything you know in this world and from the parents who have been caring for you for almost 2 years. I pray that you will know how much we love you and that you will feel it as we meet. In the beginning I didn't know how to love 2 daughters but even tonight, the night before we meet I can feel my heart growing by the second. I have loved you for so long already but now that we are almost together it feels safe to let my heart grow even more. There will always be a permanent spot in my heart for you. I love you so much and cannot wait to love on you tomorrow!! Love, Mama    

1 comment:

  1. Ah isn't it amazing how our hearts grow to hold them!

    ReplyDelete