Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Waconda Lake 2016

Matt and I have been wanting and talking about buying a camper for several years but haven't pulled the trigger... until recently. Life is too short and we are hoping to make lots of memories with our family with camping trips. Within a couple of weeks of our purchase, Matt's brother and his family bought a ski boat. Something they've been wanting for their family for a long while as well. These purchases meant it was time for a trip home to Waconda Lake for some camping and boating.

We did it up right! We had so much fun hanging out together, boating, watching the kids tube, s'mores, wine, lots of laughs, playing and sleeping in the camper, and swimming. This weekend definitely needs to be at least an annual occurrence! So many memories were made just in one trip.

I love watching my girls, niece, and nephews loving and having so much fun in a place that I spent so many hours at growing up. My parents would take me to the lake and pull me around for hours and hours. I'm so thankful! And I understand why...those smiles! Those smiles are priceless! And there's nothing better than the kids having fun on the water, on the beach collecting shells and rocks, and grilling their marshmallows. There's nothing better than watching them have fun without TVs and toys. These weekends are what life is all about!







No comments:

Post a Comment