Tuesday, August 16, 2016

14th Anniversary

Celebrating 14 years with my guy. How in the world does 14 years fly by in the blink of an eye??!!!

Our road has not been the easiest. But I've now been with Matt for more years in my life than without him. I knew I wanted to marry him early on and we did marry young; 10 days after my 21st birthday. Life was pretty great until infertility snuck in. That was not in our plan. Struggling through infertility and the first steps of adoption were tough on each of us individually and tough on our marriage. There were days we both wanted to walk away but we chose to fight for our marriage. We ended up on the other side happier, tighter, and more understanding. I'm so thankful we made and stuck with our commitment to each other 14 years ago. I know the road won't always be easy but I pray that we always choose to fight for our marriage.


I love this man more on our 14th wedding anniversary than I even thought was possible the day I married him.

This year we were able to sneak away for an overnight to Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  We explored the town a little, hiked, enjoyed a cabin in the Ozark Mountains, ate some good foods, and enjoyed some time just the 2 of us.  




No comments:

Post a Comment