Thursday, January 13, 2011

~overwhelmed~

I am feeling so overwhelmed, not for our situation but because of the amazing family and friends we have.  It is amazing the phone calls, emails, messages, etc. we have received in the last two days.  We know that no matter what happens we are totally and completely blessed with and by our family and friends.  All I can say is "thank you".  It is an awesome and overwhelming feeling to know that people love us enough to pray with and for us.  Many people have expressed that they wished they could do more, but I know that prayer is the best thing they could do now.  I guarantee that I would not be this calm or have this sense of peace if it were not for our Father and your prayers. 

It's awesome when God speaks.  I truly have felt and heard Him over the last two days.  And He has spoke to me through many of your comments.  Below is a verse that I have received numerous times from several friends and family.  And I think it hits the spot.  In fact I have posted it on my bathroom mirror, refrigerator and have a copy to take to work.  That way I'll have the encouragement I need wherever I go :)     

Romans 8:28 (The Message) 26-28 "Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good."
Romans 8:26-28 (New International Version, ©2010) 26 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose."

Again, thank you so much for your love and support!  We cannot do this on our own.  ~megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment