Monday, July 11, 2016

Living Up the Weekends

I recently read a stat that a child has 936 weekends until they turn 18 years old.  That struck a cord with me.  In a quick glance that seems like a lot but that means that I don't even get 1000 weekends with my sweet girls before they will graduate and most likely fly the coop.  That also means that we've already spent approximately 200 of those weekends.  Weekends with my girls will be gone in a blink of an eye.  When that happens and I'm looking back I want my mind and photo albums to be filled with memories.  I am not about living with regrets.  It's not about spending money or traveling (both of which I love to do ;)); it's about spending time together, playing together, talking together, building trust with each other, encouraging each other, loving on one another.  This life is hard.
No matter what my girls' days look like and how hard they are I want them to always remember 2 things:  1. That Jesus Christ loves them and only wants the best for them and  2.  That Mama and Baba love them every much.  

It seems like every time we turn around, I'm getting a news alert that something else terrible has happened in this world.  There are many days that I wish I could put my girls in a protective bubble and keep them protected from this crazy world.  I want so badly to be able to protect them from every bad thing.  But at the same time there are so many beautiful things in this world today AND my girls are beautiful and the world definitely needs more people like them.  I pray daily; sometimes every minute for my girls' safety in this crazy world.  I pray that my family will be a light for this world that needs Jesus so badly.  I pray that we as a nation will learn to love each other and not hate so much.  And I pray that we not waste a minute and enjoy each other while we have the chance.


My precious family hanging out this weekend on the pedestrian bridge.  Love them so much!!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment