Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Happy 5th Birthday Ava Girl!

I have no idea how I have a 5 year old already!  How does time go so quickly and more importantly how do you slow it down??!!  We celebrated with a full weekend of activities.

Friday night was our evening just the 4 of us.  We opened gifts and then went out to dinner.  We asked the birthday girl what she wanted for her dinner and she asked for one of her favorite things...custard buns!  I love custard buns too but I was also very thankful that she didn't pick Red Robin as I suspected she would.



 Custard Buns!!  Yummy!!

Ava and her special friends at the restaurant who made her an impromptu birthday cake.  She is one loved little girl.  

 Her cake made of brown and white rice and carrot strips, dumplings, and rangoon.  Love this!  So special!

On Saturday, we started with a friends and ended the day with a family and friends party.  The weather did not cooperate.  We had planned a beach themed party complete with bounce house, pool, and slip n slide.  However the weather was 68 and rainy all day!  I woke up and laid in bed wondering how to salvage the party but when I got up and went down stairs my mom had already found a page worth of indoor games for kids birthdays.  God bless her!!

Since last August all Ava has wanted was to have her friends from Fullerton over to her house.  I couldn't wait to see her face as all her friends showed up for her birthday party.  I believe we ended up with 11 kids from 3-5pm.  We did end up getting the bounce house set up in the drive way after a lot of hassle.   We also played games including pin the tail on the dolphin, ball throw, and relay races.  The kids ended up having a great time and Ava was so excited!!  Her smile made all the extra stress worth every minute.

 "I'm so excited!!"




  
 We finished off her birthday bash with dinner and fireworks with family, neighbors, and friends.  All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better day to celebrate our Ava Girl!






 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment