Sunday, December 6, 2015

Deck the Halls

I LOVE Christmas! I love decorating for Christmas! This year was one of my favorites because my girls were so into helping decorate. I mentioned to Ava that we “might” put the tree up that night and her excitement was contagious and definitely was not going to let me get away with not putting it up!

Ava helped with all of it...putting the tree together and fluffing the branches as well as putting on the ornaments. Ella watched her sister for a short time...this was the first time she would have seen a Christmas tree...but then she quickly wanted to be a part of hanging the ornaments. They were excellent helpers and I watched proudly as they picked out and hung each ornament. It's so fun to share with the girls the stories behind each ornament. I Christmases are just going to get more fun every year!



We have a pre lit tree and unfortunately when we got the tree put together the lights on the middle section would not turn on. I worked on them for a little time but then decided that I'd just go get other lights to fill in later. At one point Ava was putting up an ornament in the section and must have gotten the string of lights just right and all the sudden the middle section lit up. I got excited and clapped and Ava exclaimed, “That's marvelous!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment