Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Meeting 2 Great Grandmas!!

A last minute change of plans lead us to Kansas instead of home after our lake trip.  Ava and I headed home with my parents so that we could take a trip to southwest Kansas to meet Ava's Great-Grandma.  She didn't know Ava and I were coming and boy was she surprised!  Her response to Ava was one that I will never forget.  Once the shock and tears slowed her response was "I never thought I'd be able to get my hands on that beautiful little girl".  My Grandma was one of those people who prayed so long for Ava; long before Ava was Ava.

Even before we walked down the hall to Grandma's room we were stopped by a worker at the home who asked if we were here to see her.  We said yes and the worker said that she thought that was Ava.  Grandma had shown her lots of pictures and had obviously been talking about new Great-Granddaughter with her.  Grandma took great pride in introducing Ava to all her friends and staff.

Ava also got to meet her Great-Grandpa, Uncle K, Aunt D, and 3 more cousins!!  What a big day for Ava.  She was a little overwhelmed at first by all the new people but quickly warmed up to everyone.  






To add to the fun, Ava also got to meet her Great-Grandma on the Fuller side during our week in Kansas!!  Again, we were able to surprise Great-Grandma which was so fun.  I love seeing the expressions on people's faces when they see Ava for the first time.  And she was thrilled to meet Ava!  She quickly pulled out a toy for Ava and found cookies.  :)  


Feeling very blessed after getting to spend time with some very special people over the last week.  Hoping it's not too long before we get to see these wonderful people again. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment