Sunday, May 12, 2013

First Days of Daycare for Ava and Back to Work for me

What a big week in our house.  Lots of changes and challenges, but we all made it through.  Ava had her first day at daycare on Tuesday and then went Thursday and Friday when I went back to work.  Tuesday was a pretty good day for Ava.  She cried when we dropped her off but quickly stopped.  Thursday however was a really rough day for Ava.  To start off she decided that the night before my first day back would be a great night to be up for 2 plus hours during the night ;)  So when Matt went to get her out of bed and ready for the day she was not ready to get out of bed yet.  This lead to tantrum one of the day.  Her teachers reported that she cried and wanted to be held most of day but as soon as Matt and I got there to pick her up she was all smiles...at least for a little while.  We decided to go for a family walk after we got home.  About half way through Ava started letting us know that she was not happy with us.  This all lead into a rough evening but by bedtime she was smiling and loving us again.  Friday her teachers stated that she still had a rough day crying off and on but at least 50% of the time it was a fake cry.  It was a rough week for her, but we are certain that with time it will get better and that she will like going to daycare.  She loves watching other kids and you can tell that kid noises are all that she is used to hearing, but at the same time we wonder how much daycare reminds her of the orphanage.  When I put myself in her shoes I can't imagine how scary daycare might be if it reminded me of the orphanage where I spent my whole life until a couple months ago.  She is a very brave little girl!!

First day of daycare kisses


My first day of work was Thursday.  Truly on of the toughest days of my life.  It's a good thing that I love my job or the heartache might not be worth it.  I started crying Monday night and then continued throughout the week.  I can report that going to work on Friday was easier than on Thursday.  So I know we can all do this!!  My co-workers are the best ever: offering hugs, listening to all my stories about Ava, and letting me leave in good time so that I could go pick up my girl.  I absolutely love that smile of her's when we pick her up at the end of the day!!  Melts my heart every time and I hate to miss it.

My biggest fear of going back to work and her going to daycare is how much I am going to miss when I'm away from her.  I can't believe how much she's grown and changed over the last few months and I hate the thought of missing any little step in her life.  But I also know that for right now I need to work for our family to be successful and Ava needs to be around other children and people to grow even more.  I can promise her that every moment we spend together will not be wasted.  We will celebrate every moment and take full advantage of our times together!  Love my little girl with all my heart!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment