Sunday, May 12, 2013

First Mother's Day

I had so much fun celebrating my first Mother's Day with the sweetest family EVER!!  Mother's Day has always been a bittersweet holiday in the recent past for me.  I have a fantastic mom and mother in law to celebrate but in the back of my mind I was always wondering about how long I had to wait to be able to be a mom.  So this year was extra happy for me; it was finally my year!!

I received some beautiful gifts from my family.  Ava made a beautiful craft for me at daycare this week that she finger painted pink.  I also received a beautiful, heartfelt note from my husband along with new workout gear.  But better than any gift was a day with my family that was planned for me.  We started the day off with brunch at Le Peep, one of our favorite spots in Omaha.  Afterwards we headed to the farmer's market and picked up some starter veggie plants and delicious fresh produce.  We also spent some time dancing to the local musicians.  This was a big hit with Ava!!  Finally we headed to the zoo for the afternoon.  What a fantastic day!!   Feeling very blessed and thankful today!




  

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete