Monday, February 7, 2011

An Open Door

So we placed the call to Holt today and we are on the road again; this time to Ethiopia!! If you remember, this was my initial first choice~so we've come full circle.  We are really excited, but are also trying to guard our hearts a little give the last couple of months. 

When we met with Bethany we discussed Russia, Bulgaria, Columbia, and Ethiopia.  Russia's program is seriously intense.  Almost double the paperwork, a month long trip, and they are very strict on medical histories.  We decided that this was not something we wanted to deal with.  The process is stressful enough without adding more work and restrictions.  Bulgaria is new program, so we would essentially be guinea pigs.  Not really what we are wanting, at least the first go around.  And Columbia currently has a waiting time of 4 years that is continuing to lengthen. 

Ethiopia's program has intrigued us from day one. They are not a Hague country, but they have a very ethical adoption program.  Ethiopia is the only country in which we would get a chance to meet the birth mom and other family members.  We will make two trips to Ethiopia for about 5 days each with 10 weeks in between visits.  One of the hardest things will be that we'll meet our baby during the first trip and won't be able to take him/her home until the second trip.  

Please continue to pray for us.  We are learning to trust that God is directing our path, we just have to let Him.  It has also become very evident to me that when times are harder, I have a tough time putting all my trust in Him...I try to hang on to at least a little piece of "control".  This does not make my life easier; it makes it tougher in fact.  I pray that God will continue to shape my heart and my life so that I will be able to trust Him fully in good times and in bad.

Love you friends, megan 

1 comment:

  1. God has the two of you on such an amazing journey! I can't begin to imagine the emotions you have right now. I do know that when we place our trust in God he does enormous things for us...beond what we can dare to imagine. I'm praying for you guys..that God will direct you along his perfect path and pour upon you his wisdom, peace, and love!

    ReplyDelete