Monday, November 29, 2010

So Very Thankful

So, I know this post is a little late but I can't pass it up.  I love Thanksgiving and hate that it is often over-shadowed by Halloween and Christmas.  I have a strict "no Christmas until after Thanksgiving rule at our house".  I think that remembering all the many blessings we have to be thankful for, helps to prepare our hearts for the Christmas season and what it is truely all about. 

This year has not been an easy one, but I still have so much to be thankful for.  In the mist of heartache and longing, God has blessed me countless times.  Here are a couple items from my list.

1.  My mom is healthy!!!  She was diagnosed with one of the most aggressive types of breast cancer in 2009.  She went through a year of chemotherapy and radiation treatment and now has a clean bill of health.  When God gives you challenges there is always a reason for it, even though most of the time you can't understand those reasons until afterwards.  My family truly came together and supported each other.  We are stronger for it and we know exactly Who our strength comes from. 

2.  I was able to spend a week in Amealco, Mexico serving alongside my dad!!  I shared this story earlier, but this was definitely a high point for the year.  Not many people can say that they have had an opportunity like this and I am so thankful to say that I now have memories to last a life time. 

3.  I have been blessed with an amazing husband.  I know that I have found a diamond in the rough.  He doesn't hesitate to help clean house, make supper, go grocery shopping, and many more things.  And let's just say that it takes a patient person to put up with me on a daily basis.  I can't wait to see him in the role of dad.  He's going to be terrific!

4.  God blessed us with 2 nephews in April :)  They are joy and I smile just thinking about them.

5.  I have a job that I love...how many people can say that??!!!  I love that I am one of those people.  I love knowing that each and every day I can make a big difference in someone else's life.  Such a feeling of satisfaction. 

Okay, well I could go on and on.  But there's the shortened version.  :)  Happy Thanksgiving!!    

2 comments:

  1. We do have many things to be thankful for!!! Sometimes when we're in the "weeds" it is hard to see that; but if we look "up" we can see beyond the next weed! Love you for your heart and your wisdom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- I forgot something I heard today that I thought was quite interesting. For those who wish to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"; the word holidays comes from "holy days". So they're still not deleting Christ from Christmas. Just thought that was kind of cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete