Monday, November 29, 2010

Beyond My Cicumstances

I shared with you all a while ago, that I have been studying the fruit of the Spirit with a couple of girlfriends.  I was re-reading some of the ideas and thoughts that had caught my attention, when I came across this idea of focusing on the destination rather than the circumstances.  As I have been really contemplating this idea over the last couple of days, it has become very evident to me just how difficult of a task this can be.  When you are in the middle of a situation it is very difficult to remain focused on the ultimate destination rather then the current circumstances that you are walking through.  Matt and I are currently talking a lot about our options and trying to make the best decision for us and our future family.  We, for the most part, often agree and are able to make decisions.  But I tend to decide more with my emotions and Matt more with his brain.  This can cause quite the conflict at times.  As Matt and I were driving to and from home this weekend, we spent a lot of time discussing our options and what further investigating we need to do.  Talking about more researching made me really angry in the moment.  At times, I feel like this is never going to happen and wonder how much more researching can we possibly do.  Seriously, I just want to make a decision and go for it.  I can get so caught up in my current circumstances and forget that this decision affects the rest of our lives--it is no small decision and definitely not one to make while getting lost in our circumstances.  Keeping focused on the final destination is definitely where we need to stay.  And that is definitely not something that I can do by my own power. "Christ didn't change his circumstances to make them bearable. He mastered them at the peak of their impossibility." (Beth Moore)  When this journey is all finished I want to say that He mastered my circumstances at the peak of their impossibility.

So, unfortunately I don't have a final decision to share with you all...yet.  But it is coming.  I keep praying that Matt and I will agree completely on our final decision.  I am also praying that God will continue to lead and guide us to our decision.  I pray that He would guide us through our research and lead us to the information that we are looking for. 

Blessings, megan  

1 comment: