Thursday, December 8, 2016

Grateful

We have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and holiday season.  It's always at this time of year that Jesus makes sure to point out just how blessed I am and just how far God has brought me along this crazy journey called life.  I love my family more than I can ever imagine or could ever put into words.   Sometimes I almost can't believe the dark spot that Jesus has brought me out of....when I thought my world was falling down because Matt and I couldn't give birth to our own babies and now I look to either side of me and I can't believe these 2 beautiful babies are mine.  I am blessed with a husband who loves me and his girls, always puts others first, works so hard to provide for his family, is good with money and manages all of our finances, and he still makes sure that we have lots of quality time to spend as a couple and a family.  I have in laws and brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews who I love and actually love spending time with.  Yes, I said it...I love my in laws!!  My parents celebrated 40 years of marriage this year and are still very much in love.  My parents are the people I want to call first when I am struggling and need advice and the people who I strive the hardest to make proud in this world.  They have taught me to love and trust Jesus, to work hard, to love others, and that family always comes first.

It's so important to Matt and I that our girls understand the real meaning of Thanksgiving.  I love our family tradition which encourages us to talk as a family every night; at least for the month of November, about what we are thankful for.   Our tradition is our Fuller Thankful Tree.  We start with just the trunk of the tree on November 1 and then we add leaves which we write what we are thankful for on to fill up our tree.  It's fun for all of us.  And I love listening to the girls talk about who or what they are thankful for and why.  This tradition helps all of us to set our focus for the season.  It's not all about stuff, even though we are thankful for those blessings...our tree is filled with people, health, and ways we spend time together.


No comments:

Post a Comment