Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Brother or Sister for Ava

That's right... we have started paperwork for Baby #2!!  We are so excited to start this process again.  We weren't thinking we would start quite so quickly but we can't wait to get back to China and bring home a brother or sister for Ava.  We are almost through the first round of paperwork and are planning to have our home study in September.  

While we were in China with Ava we made the decision that we would definitely be coming back to China for Baby #2.  We fell in love with the culture, traditions, and people of China.  Now that we have seen the poverty and need of the children awaiting homes, we just can't ignore the situation.  There are so many children out there who are just waiting to be welcomed into a family and to be loved.  I am definitely still learning how to be a good Mama, but I do know how to love my child.  Love is something that I can guarantee to my family.

Matt has been cracking me up this go around; it's like our roles have changed!!  When we were adopting Ava, I was the one pushing all the paperwork and making sure we are on target with our goal.  This time Matt is the one pushing for us to get paperwork done asap.  He is the one keeping us in line and arranging our appointments.  Don't get me wrong, I am super excited too but I have never seen Matt so excited about anything or should I say anyone.  Before Ava he was always so scared about being a dad.  Now he knows he can do it and he knows that an amazing little person is waiting for us at the end of all the paperwork and there is no sense in making them wait any longer than we have to.

Our family is growing and we are excited to share the news with everyone!!  Please pray for us as we begin this crazy, amazing journey again.  We love you all and couldn't do it without your prayers.          

No comments:

Post a Comment