Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Little Picasso


I have been working with Ava on coloring with crayons for several weeks but she is much more interested in trying to eat the crayons than actually coloring. Most of the time I end up coloring while she moves on to something else that interests her more!! I've even tried the toddler grip crayons but those really just make her mad ;) This week I thought we'd try finger painting instead. This way she easily sees the results of her “handy” work. I had her in the high chair to prevent paint getting all over my house. Once she got over the issue of dirty hands, she loved it. She was pretty dainty about it at first but by the end she really seemed to love it. She kept pointing at the paint asking for more!! I'm pretty sure we had 15-20 master pieces by the time she was done! We both loved the finger painting and I LOVED watching her experience this new activity and have success with it. Finger painting will definitely be a regular activity at our house from now on.   



No comments:

Post a Comment