Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bedtime Smiles


Ava has been sleeping pretty well once she gets to sleep. She sleeps some nights all the way through til 7/7:30am but most nights she wakes up for 30-60 minutes in the middle of the night. Getting her to sleep at night is getting a lot easier; often times without any crying. Ava gets her only formula bottle at bedtime each night. This is one of Matt and I's favorite time of day now. Which ever one of us gets to rock her and give her bottle at night, sits in the recliner with her. Ava typically gets about half way through her bottle and then pulls it out of her mouth just long enough to turn her head and give us the biggest smile. Often times with the sweetest little giggle as well. Then she goes back to her bottle for a short time before she turns to smile and giggle again. I love this beautiful little girl more than I ever thought possible and I think every night I put her to bed that love just continues to grow. I love how happy and content she is in our arms. Every night I pray over her and ask God to help me be the parent she deserves. She is so precious and I know that I can't give her what she deserves on my own power. I need God's strength, patience, creativity, and love in order to give her all that she deserves~ everything good.   


No comments:

Post a Comment