Friday, May 13, 2011

Home Study Status

The home study is going great!  In fact, we're all most done with it...I can't believe it!  The home study has been much more relaxed than I made it out to be.  Bonnie is terrific and makes us feel very comfortable to talk around her.  The first day we met, she stayed for about 2 hours.  We talked A LOT about us; our relationship, how we decided on adoption, and in particular why Ethiopia.  She had a few questions and wanted a little more information regarding some of our comments in our 20 page essay questions we submitted earlier.  At the end of that meeting, Bonnie left us with some homework to fill out before our next meeting.  The home work included two pages full of possible medical concerns, diseases, infections, malformations, ect.  Matt and I have mark on each one if we would be open to possibly adopting a child with that concern and to what degree (mild to severe).  It was tough.  I hate the thought of possibly missing out on a child because I said no to something.  In some ways, I felt like I had too much power to pick and choose.  But I trust that God will continue to guide us to the child who is meant for us.

Our second meeting was this last Tuesday for an hour.  Bonnie looked around our house.  We were able to show her where our baby's room will be!!  We visited for a little while longer and discussed how Matt and I deal with conflict.  And that's it...now we are just waiting to receive a rough draft of our home study via email.  We should have it early next week and then we meet with Bonnie one last time to finalize it.  Once we have the official copy of our home study we send it off to immigration and Ethiopia.  Time to start working on the international part!  So excited!!!

    

1 comment:

  1. Been checking your blog for an update...so glad to hear you are making progress toward that sweet little child of God!! I pray for you guys often.

    ReplyDelete