Monday, March 28, 2011

Emotions of "Pregnancy"

I was having a usual conversation with my mom a few weeks ago, discussing the most recent info regarding the adoption.  Half way through my mom said, "do you realize you are having the same emotions you would if you were pregnant?"  Worrying about our child and praying that they are safe and protected.  Loving them more than I could have ever imagined without having ever met them yet.  I cannot explain what a blessing this comment was and has been for me.  I have spent a lot of time dealing with my feelings regarding not being able to have biological children and now I am actually to the point where I am excited about the journey that is currently leading to our child.  What I still struggle with at times, is the fact that I will never be able to experience pregnancy.  I will never have a sonogram.  I will never feel a baby kick and move in my belly.  I will never experience morning sickness.  I will never experience labor and delivery.  Good or bad; these will not be my experiences.  What has been so exciting for me regarding my mom's comment is that I may not be experiencing the physical feelings of pregnancy, but I am able to experience the emotional feelings of pregnancy.  God is so good!!  Even though he has a different plan mapped out for me, He still knows what I need/want and is still able to give me a sense that I am "pregnant" or at least expecting a little one of our own.   

1 comment:

  1. Oh Megan, you know how to make a mother cry! I love you!

    ReplyDelete