Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Asking For Prayers

I am sending out this blog tonight specifically asking for your prayers again.  Matt and I have received emails from Holt the last two days preparing us that there may be some changes happening soon with the Ethiopia program.  What the Ethiopian government is proposing could decrease adoptions out of their country by 90%.  Holt is keeping us as updated as possible and expect a determination between the US Embassy and Ethiopia within the week.  If you would like to read more, here is the link to the alert:   http://adoption.state.gov/news/ethiopia_alert.html

On my way to work this morning I heard that there were some extremists that attacked several villages in Western Ethiopia.  We have been paying extra close attention to what has been happening in Libya and Egypt.  Everything seems too close to home right now.  Our family, our baby might be right in the middle of what is happening over seas.  It makes me so scared of what they may be experiencing and so helpless that I can't do a dang thing to help them nor protect them.  All I can do is pray and trust that God is going to protect our child and their family. 

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7-8)

O Lord, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress. (Jeremiah 16:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment