Saturday, November 10, 2018

Time with New Friends

As a family we have been working hard on making new friends.  I'm learning more and more that this takes effort!  Especially when what I'm craving is close friends who really get me; not superficial friends.   

We have been blessed once again with great neighbors right across the street from us.  They are about Matt and I's age and have 2 boys 5 and 3 years old.  Shannon and I have been able to bond over Bunco nights and Parent Teacher Council.  Matt and Danny are getting to know each other; they're both a little on the quiet side but still manage to crack each other up.  And the kiddos have so much fun together.  Whether they're playing outside or pretending to a pack of dogs inside; they're always having fun.  Ella just headed right out the front door the other day and when I asked her what she thought she was doing she told me that she was headed "to her friends' house...of course!"  We had to have a little chat about that but I am so grateful!  So grateful for driveway play time and beer time, grateful for pizza dinners together and football games together, and thankful for trick or treating buddies.  I know this is just the beginning but it definitely makes us so thankful for new, sweet friends in the making. 


No comments:

Post a Comment