Friday, January 20, 2017

President Trump: Inauguration 2017

I don't even know where to begin...I never thought Donald Trump would actually be President.  I thought it was initially a joke; a tactic for him to gain more riches.  As time has gone on this is clearly not a joke.  I am definitely not a Trump fan but I am praying more than ever that I am so wrong about this man.  Because no matter what; he is my president...he is the president of the United States; my home and land that I love.  It has been an incredibly stressful and hateful election season.  I don't know if it's more than usual because this is one of the first times that I have been so invested in the process.  But from what I hear from people who have been invested in our democracy for many more years agree that it has been a hate filled season.  So many things that have occurred of have been said leading up to this day have terrified me.  I am scared for my girls because they are girls and because they are not white nor were they born in America.  But they are Americans!!  I pray that they will grow up in a nation where they don't have to be afraid but are able to trust those in power.  I pray my girls have faith and trust that they can be whoever they aspire to be.  No one should ever stop them!  

As for me, I will pray daily for my president  and pray that he will be a man of integrity who will do what is right for all people.  I pray that God will give him the strength to endure the task at hand and surround him with wise people of character.   I pray that my country is protected and a safe place to be.  I pray that my family is safe and loved.   I pray that my girls never give up on their dreams and strive for everything they want in this life.  I pray that every time they are told they can't do something that they will prove them otherwise.   
I pray that President Trump will "Make America Great Again" and kind again and loving again and tolerant again.  


No matter where I stand politically, this is a very special day.  We swore in our 45th president!!  I've been watching TV or listening to the news all day to keep tabs on what is happening.  I am so proud to call the US home and be a part of this democracy.  
  
              

No comments:

Post a Comment