Sunday, June 5, 2016

Happy 40th Anniversary, Mom and Dad

My parents...they are amazing!  They met in college and through much adversity they were married.  They were young and living on nothing but love.  And now 40 years later, they are still young at heart and very much in love :)  They are such an inspiration to many, myself included.   It's rare to celebrate a 40th wedding anniversary these days but I am so humbled, thankful, and blessed that my parents have been able to celebrate this amazing feat.
I love them so!!  I can't imagine my life without these two...their guidance, encouragement, pushing me out of my comfort zone, and support.  They are beautiful parents and grandparents.  I am who I am today because of the foundation they developed in me.   They continue to be my number one fans.  They're first people I call when I need advice or if I want to celebrate.  I am beyond blessed to call them mom and dad.

To  celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary they rented a beach house for a week, went deep sea fishing twice, and made a ferry ride to Dry Tortugas.   And they took us kids and our families along with them!!  It was an amazing trip with lots of fun, laughter, and memories.  
The Beach House
 Just a few of my favorites from the trip :)











 














My family :)

Thank you mom and dad!  We had an amazing trip with lots of memories we'll remember forever.  Thank you for showing us time and again what true love is.  It's not perfect.  It's a decision to wake up every morning and love the person you said "I do" to.  It's about dreaming together and being each other's biggest fan.  It's about loving Christ and loving as He has taught us to love one another.  Thank you for being a pillar of strength in a world that takes marriage for granted on a daily basis.  Love you mom and dad!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my sweet daughter!! Was so much fun to celebrate together as a family! We have truly been blessed!

    ReplyDelete