Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Best News!!

Last night Matt received a phone call while we were eating dinner.  I was busy helping Ava with something when I hear Matt say, "Really?!  I'm going to put you on speaker phone."  Of course this peaked my curiosity and I was all ears.  As soon as the call was on speaker, I heard Beth's voice (the director of Holt China) say, "We received your LOA today and it will be in Omaha by Friday!"  "WHAT?!!!!"  was my response.  "How did that happen so quickly?!!"  As if I cared, this meant that things are moving forward again in a BIG way...we weren't expecting this call for at least a month and as things typically go when government is involved we thought that was wishful thinking.  Beth answered my question with something about the Chinese Government is trying to be quicker with sending LOAs (letter of acceptance) and that we had done our waiting on the front end.  Then the best news came...Beth said, "You better get moving, you guys will be in China in May or June to meet your daughter!!!" Well, we were on a cloud the rest of the night...May or June vs September which we had just heard a week ago and were finally ok with.  The rest of our evening was a mad rush to call family with the good news, followed by a mad dash to get some paperwork done.  No way is our girl going to be waiting on us to get paperwork done.  Ella...we are coming soon!!!  

Ella, we will soon be in China to meet you, love on you, play with you, and then will take you home with your forever family.  We are so excited and are praying for you every day.  It's always hard to imagine how you will react to us as we will be a complete surprise to you.  We know that you have an amazing foster mom who loves you and you love too.  I can't wait to hug her as well and tell her how much I love her for taking care of our baby girl until we could get there.  We know you will miss her and it will take time to adjust.  I promise you we will give you all the time you need to feel comfortable and loved by your new family.  We love you baby girl! 

2 comments: