Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Shanghai


February 17th~9pm in Shanghai

Today we made it to Shanghai. The city where our baby has been for 19 months and tomorrow we finally get to meet her and gotcha day is here at last!! I can't even begin to express my emotions right now: excited, anxious, scared, nervous, but most of all joyful. Matt is freaking me out a little because he is so calm. I'm so glad he is though because it makes me relax a little more. If I had to guess several months ago about which one of us would have been the calm one, I would have bet money it was going to be me...so I for one am shocked at that. :) Just another reason why he is going to be a great dad. I am so excited to meet Ava and finally have her in my arms, but I am nervous about what feelings she may have and how I will react to those feelings~we know what is about to happen, she does not. I am praying that my heart is prepared for any reaction she may have. But I know that God has his hand on this situation. I just need to not worry and rely on Him. I know that regardless of her or my reaction, I so be so filled with love that none of that will even matter. Now, I just have to get a good night's sleep...we'll see how that goes ;)    

No comments:

Post a Comment